FALL 2022 TRYOUTS: SEPTEMBER 23 IN THE MAIN GYM 6:30 PM
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Any questions please text Doug directly at 801-513-4711.
TO REGISTER, EMAIL COACH NIELSEN AT ME@DOUGNIELSEN.COM WITH PLAYERS NAME AND GRADE. A CONFIRMATION RETURN EMAIL WILL BE SENT WITH TRYOUT DISCLOSURE.
What is Bantam Basketball? Bantam is a competitive league running November to March where teams are organized by high school boundaries rather than clubs. High schools from all over SL, UT and Davis Counties are encouraged to enter teams into the league.
The Brighton High School Bantam Program (grades 5-8) has quickly established itself as a major contributor of quality teams into the Salt Lake Area bantam leagues.
We will create a winning and enjoyable environment throughout our program, BHS campus and community.
Our vision for high school basketball is to provide a powerful academic and athletic experience for each team member. Our basketball program will make a positive difference in the overall success of our players, coaches, school leaders, campus and community of which we are an integral part.
This fall Brighton Girls Basketball will continue the tradition of creating and maintaining highly competitive youth teams. Tryouts will be held every SEPTEMBER. Check back for important dates.
We need coaches! This program is run by parents, we cannot do it without you! All teams will be coached by parents–not BHS coaches. Thank you for your help.
PRE FORMED TEAMS–The simplest and quickest way to participate in the Salt Lake Bantam league is to already have your team. Yes, other schools do fancy tryouts and try to make it seem like the WNBA but the most important thing is that the kids are playing. We have found that if you currently have a neighborhood team in place, registering with that team is the absolute most enjoyable route. If you have a team of at least 5-6 players AND a coach, please email the team list to Coach Doug. You must have a coach.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TEAM IN PLACE–If you daughter is not currently on a team then yes, we do do a tryout/placement on Sept 23. Please remember we will not put more than 8 kids on a team without coach permission so there is a chance that not all kids will be able to be on a team.
- Current AAU membership number. This can be purchased at play.aausports.org and follow the online prompts. No club number is needed. Email a copy of the AAU card to Coach Nielsen.
- It is estimated that the fees for two (2) Bantam leagues, including a jersey/shooting shirt will be $240.
- The Bantam season is typically around 16 games.
- It does not interfere with any AAU basketball leagues.
- 1 practice will be held at Brighton High School–subject to availability. Teams are encouraged to hold practices at off campus locations when possible.
- Practice schedule will be posted by your team’s coach.
- Your head coach will collect money from their players and pay directly to the league. BHS Girls Basketball does not receive any money/profit from the participants.
- Games are held in SL County schools.
- All teams will wear the same BHS bantam uniforms and shooting shirts.